When it comes time to invest in a new association management software solution, you’ll quickly realize that the number of options on the market are overwhelming. Even more overwhelming, though, is the sheer amount of information on each provider’s website, on authoritative review websites, in industry publications, and in online customer forums.
Some names pop up more often than others, though, like iMIS ® software! The solution by ASI is widely used, but is it right for your association in particular?
In this post, we’re going to cut through the noise for you. We’ve provided:
- A clear overview of iMIS ® software
- Some potential drawbacks you should be aware of during the search process
- A top-rated alternative to consider as you move toward a purchasing decision.
Let’s get into it!
iMIS ® Software Overview
There’s a reason why iMIS ® software is so popular. The association management solution is all-encompassing, offering an expansive suite of features and the ability to customize the solution to your association’s unique needs. Plus, the software solution has been around for more than 25 years, first designed by Advanced Solutions International (ASI) in the early 1990s! It’s had plenty of time to establish a loyal following.
Let’s delve into some of the most popular features.
- Membership: Host member information in online PCI-compliant profiles that members can update themselves. Encourage members to join or manage chapters, committees, and companies, then record participation in these online groups.
- Fundraising: Accept one-time, recurring, major, planned, and tribute donations through iMIS software. Manage all steps of the donation process, from donation forms to receipts and automatic pledge reminders.
- Events: Plan and execute events with flexible pricing rules and automatic communication features. Plus, create an event microsite with public RSVP lists, your event schedule, and social media integrations.
As you can see from these features and the way they’re configured, the overarching focus of this software is member engagement, with self-service member profiles.
Of course, many associations have needs that iMIS ® software can’t meet. Read on to see if your association is one of them!
iMIS ® Software Drawbacks
Agile, enterprise-level associations often find that iMIS ® software’s greatest asset doubles as a significant drawback: its breadth of features.
While it’s important to choose a provider that offers the solutions you need for your association’s operations, you shouldn’t have to sacrifice speed or ease of use. You have enough to do without learning how to use a complex new system:
If you need something more than the out-of-the-box features, you should be able to find what you need and implement it without worrying about potential problems with the integration.
Plus, when it comes to the customization itself, iMIS software isn’t built for the average administrator. The solution can be coded to meet your association’s needs — with the help of ASI technical assistants or an in-house member of your staff who happens to be an expert in SQL reporting.
You might end up needing to bring on a consultant to help you customize the software, run updates, and perform routine maintenance, increasing the actual cost of the solution as a whole.
Considering these sorts of future costs and anticipating technical issues or growing pains is an essential part of finding the right association management solution. Committing to an outsized solution too early is rarely a smart move.
Don’t want to have to deal with complex coding or disruptive maintenance processes? We have the solution for you.
Top iMIS ® Software Alternative: Fonteva for Associations
To get the most out of your association management software solution, you might be looking for Fonteva for Associations.
With this top iMIS ® software alternative, you also get an improved member experience. Fonteva is designed with the consumer-facing apps and websites of social media and eCommerce platforms in mind. Members will engage with your association more deeply and frequently when their online gateway to you is intuitive.
Just take a look at how easy it is to promote member collaboration with community chat features:
Built entirely native in Salesforce, Fonteva also brings with it all the advantages of a true-cloud solution built on the most widely used and trusted CRM in the world. The solution is:
- Scalable, able to grow along with your association without replacing costly on-site servers that limit capacity.
- Flexible, directly connected to the Salesforce AppExchange to fill any niche needs your association has.
- Up-to-date, with three upgrades delivered over the cloud per year that will never disrupt your operations.
- Global, compatible with languages and currencies from around the world, as well as more than 100 payment gateways.
- Supported, by top-notch Salesforce customer support and Fonteva’s customer success team.
If that all sounds exciting but intimidating, don’t worry! Fonteva for Associations is also lean and user-friendly, eliminating the need for extensive outside help with customization or reporting with access to the Salesforce AppExchange and drag-and-drop reporting features.
Building dashboards like this one is easy:
Each member of your team, across all different departments, can choose the modules that help them do their jobs and add them to their dashboards with ease and no technical expertise.
Now that you have the essential information about iMIS ® software and Fonteva for Associations under your belt, it’s time to make your decision!
Need more information about association membership software? Check out these additional resources to help you in your purchasing process:
- Association Management Software: The Ultimate Buyer’s Guide. Make sure you have a game plan before venturing further into the association management marketplace. Let our essential buyer’s guide serve as your road map.
- Top Abila Alternatives. Considering Abila for your association management needs? Make sure to check out some of the provider’s competitors to see if your association might find a better fit elsewhere.
- Top Personify Software Competitors. Another popular association management solution, Personify, might be the best choice for your association. But before you make the final decision, consider these top Personify software competitors!
- Best 15 Membership and Association Management Software. Before querying vendors, ensure that your list includes the best in the business. Double the Donation has put together reviews and ratings of every solution that should make your list.